Return to Jarada Productions

Friday 6 April 2007

Easter Hols: Valencia Day One

Weather: Mixed (Sun in England, Sun/Rain in Valencia)
Wake up: 07:30 (UK Time)
Sleep: 00:00 (Spanish Time)

After waking up, we (my Dad, my brother Andrew, and I) spent two hours preparing to leave, before leaving at exactly 9:30, right on time. We arrived at the Airport early, checked in early, went through security early, and soon arrived in the departure lounge. After a trip to a few duty-free shops (where I bought a few packets of Werther's Original and a PC Gamer Mag) we boarded our flight and set sail to Valencia.

We arrived in Valencia and the Weather was quite clear. After collecting our baggage, we hailed a Taxi and soon found ourselves at our 5-star luxury hotel that my Dad had booked, Hotel Sidi Saler. We went and looked around our rooms, settled in, and then headed straight for the bar. After a couple of drinks, we explored the hotel, before taking the hotel bus to the City Centre.

Valencia reminded me in some ways instantly of my previous Spanish trip with some of my School friends, so it was quite satisfying walking through the streets of Valencia. We walked for about fourty minutes or so, before finding an Italian restaurant and having dinner, particularly because I fancied Spagetti Bologenise, which I then went ahead and had. The restaurant itself was quaint, if a little bizarre and very popular. It was quite nice. The evening ended with a final walk around Valencia as it started to rain, and then a bus journey home in the heavy rain before we settled down for the night.

This entry was posted on the 11/04/07 and represents today in my trip to Valencia. Please see the Valencia Summary for general information on my trip.

No comments: