Return to Jarada Productions

Monday 17 December 2007

Christmas Hols: The Beginning

Long time no post, I know... but the weeks after Operation Gold were extensively busy. For starters, I had two assignments to deliver by Tuesday last week. One was a Database systems coursework, and another was a Data Communications assignment.

The Database coursework was mostly easy, if long, except for two particular questions that were designed to be extremely difficult, and a challenge for even those skilled at SQL. The Data Communications coursework involved analysing PING packets sent to ten different hosts in South Africa and the Middle East (supposedly) and took a lot of time to complete to perfection.

Add on top of that the biggest Java lab of all (GooChristmas), as well as all the other stuff that goes on, and things just got in the way.

The Christmas holidays began early on Friday after the Java lecture was cancelled. The day after was spent mainly out in Guildford at the LaserQuest (and Burger King for lunch) for my brothers late birthday party. Saturday evening, my brother hijacked my laptop for a 'through-the-night' gaming session, that ended at midday the next day. As would be expected, he has since slept for the past two days.

Sunday's highlight was a trip into Redhill to visit Honda. I planned on getting a new Honda Civic Hybrid, but when comparing it with what the original Honda Civic offered, the latter was chosen. Other then that, Sunday was quite a relaxed day, and I found out that our Corp had been declared war on in EVE. Magical!

Today I went for a test drive of the Honda Civic. It drives beautifully; feeling like a manual car turned auto rather then an ordinary automatic. In that respect, you get to feel the gear changes the car makes, and Honda's intuitive 'paddle sticks' on the steering wheel, in conjunction with the gear stick, allow you to switch between controlling the gears manually and letting the car do the hard work. Not to mention the car looks like something out of, say, Star Trek... and I love the dashboard! (Similar but not quite right picture). Enough said!

Tomorrow is also going to be a busy day, but that's for a future post!

I also want to announce here that I intend to release GooChristmas on my website over the next few days, as well as put more work for my group up on the dotProject site, do some work for work (my job), and carry on playing EVE. So the fun never stops!

No comments: